Things are wearing out
– Chomping on sticky chewy toffee causes front tooth to chip. Disturbingly, I actually ate that chipped part thinking I had a sandy candy (made in China what) and then only realising the little hole in front later. I ran to the dentist wailing (I’ve had repeated nightmares on this and it really happened. This is the 2nd tooth-based nightmare to come true) and he was kind of biting his lip trying not to laugh as he patched it up with white filling. I eat apples with my incisors now.
– Drinking just a teensy weensy bit of alcohol gives the tonne-of-bricks kind of headache the next day, even if it’s just a sip without getting anywhere near remotely high. That’s not fair!
Times are bad
– A security guard beseeches us not to put our handbags behind our backs at a restuarant because “there are lots of pickpockets now”.
– A lady carrying a huge bag hounds me for $8. Ausipicious number, I guess.
– Jewellery sales staff are biting their nails while standing outside their shops.
– Not enough seats during church service.