Unfortunately, I realised that the only way I can get some breathing space, is ironically, to be a lot more disciplined/ industrious/ nazi about things:
1. Plan daily, weekly, monthly. NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF PLANNING IN STRESS REDUCTION.
2. Do the things I said I planned to do (even if everywhere around me, people are changing their minds).
3. Exercise at least three times a week – it is natural prozac and it clears my mind.
4. MAKE myself do something fun at least once a month (such a fuddy duddy I am these days).
5. Pray in complete sentences (not 10 word per second request lists in bullet point form)
Call me Meticulous Mel (it will remind me about this in case I forget while being overwhelmed again).