My mood has not been good for a variety of reasons too tiring to go into.
And what does a Singaporean do when he/she is in a bad mood? Work on projects. We are Doers.We need to feel productive. Curse or blessing?
So in some kind of particular order, here is what I’m going to work on:
1) Iowa Writing Assignments: I will be going for the Iowa’s Summer Writing Festival Workshop in 2 weeks’ time. There are two major writing assignments to do beforehand plus a thick book to read. I haven’t had time to touch anything yet. I feel horrible for not doing anything because haven’t I always wanted to go for some kind of writer’s retreat? And what’s more it’s THE University of Iowa – the ulu Midwest Writer’s haven I’ve dreamed of going to since I was 21. And here I am not putting much effort into it. Pooh. Get cracking NOW!
2) Mysterious Book Project – it’s a ghostwriting one and I haven’t really done much writing yet because so far, it’s been a lot of research. The client is a no-nonsense businessman and working with him has been a huge reminder for someone who’s gotten used to telling people what to do – learn how to act humble and LISTEN more to the client’s needs. Urgent: Need to go to Central Library.
3) “Revive Freelance Writer Spirit” Project – scan published articles, sort out messy portfolio folder. Update writer’s bio. Start interacting with local freelance writers’ community. Proactively suggest story ideas rather than being chased by editors to submit stories.
4) Get all craftsy and doodly with scrapbooking wedding album. But first, print the photos so there’s actually something to put into the scrapbook.
5) “Get healthy please” project: more walks, more sleep, more pilates, more swimming, more vegetables and less of everything else I’m doing now.
6) “Think positive” project: no ideas for this one.
7) Others: “Managing eyebags/eyebrows”, “Cooking new dishes”, “Hire part-time cleaner ASAP”, “New Holiday Planning, maybe South Africa for Vanessa’s Wedding?”, “Less nagging” projects.
Ok, am on a roll! (I think).