The security guards are a chummy bunch, and over the last few months have said some strange things to me:
– “Why you never cover your laptop? Very expensive leh.”
– “Why you never play tennis anymore?”
– “Must book on Sunday midnight.” [for the high-in-demand tennis court which can only be booked within the same week]
– “How come your colleagues stay so near you?” [I cab-pool with two others in the condo next to mine]
– “Why you walk in the rain? Can get sick leh.”
– “Need one more. Give us more.” [When I gave them my leftover, rather expensive slices of chocolate salami roll from Valentino’s]
Actually, I realize this isn’t security advice at all…more like rather nosy interrogation (and a bit of greed). Incidentally, they have this HUGE resource book that contains everything from maid agencies to Chinese tuition teachers.
And I am just writing this to distract myself from the fact that everything has been fast forwarding the minute 2008 peeked round the corner.