I never really had a problem with packing and going. I throw things out fast. I throw things in even faster. But this move has been particular painful because:
– it’s to a much, much, much smaller place and it turns out we did not throw out enough.
– my sis has a seriously excessive clothes/stationery-hoarding habit (she took up 23 boxes, not counting her doll cupboard and heaps of Hello Kitty bed linen)
– had a very very dodgy packing team who seemed to do as little as possible
– my mother and helper cannot live with incomplete unpacking and were ripping boxes open till the wee hours of the morning. Now. we unfilial children are bearing the brunt of keeling over by 11pm the night before.
– my beloved Birkies got stolen and my heart is a little broken.